Supported by the Primary Care Diabetes Society (PCDS) this award will be presented to an individual who is based in the UK or Ireland, delivers excellence in education, in a specialist or community setting: whether through developing innovative teaching tools or courses; providing mentorship for other educators; or delivering and promoting externally developed training. He or she will have a clear patient focus and be seen as a champion for education in his or her area.
Nominations are welcome for anyone working in a professional field in a specialist or community setting, where diabetes education is a major focus of the role. You may not nominate yourself
The nominee's information will be posted online for the public vote within a specific time frame. The top five nominations from the public vote will then be reviewed by an independent judging panel made up of senior judges and chairs who will make the final decision on who receives the award.
The judges will be looking for evidence of innovative and successful education to support increased awareness and knowledge of diabetes for people with diabetes and/or family and carers leading to empowerment and successful self-management, improved diabetes control and improved quality of life.
Read about 2018 Winners
Nomination terms and conditions (must be accepted to continue to nominate)
- Nominees must be based in the UK or Ireland
- Any organisation associated with the nominee must be on the public register
- Nominees put forward must have no conflict of interest with any of the organisations that partner and/or support QiC Diabetes. The judging panel reserve the right to remove nominations that are considered to be a conflict of interest with the partner and/or supporter of QiC Diabetes
- Nominators warrant that the information provided in their nominations is true, accurate and complete to the best of their knowledge
- If at any time any information provided by a nominator is found to be false/misleading/incorrect in any manner, then all nomination and/or entries from that nominator will be excluded and the nominee will not be permitted to continue participation in the awards. The QiC Diabetes awards management may require proof of information, and/or may audit the information, contained in an nomination and/or entry
- If clarification or verification of information is required, the QiC Diabetes awards management will make reasonable efforts to contact the nominator but will not be responsible if the nominator does not respond, does not agree to the conduct of the verification, or is uncontactable
- In the event that it is not possible to conduct a verification of the nomination because of failure by the nominator to cooperate with a request, or for any other reason beyond the QiC Diabetes awards management’s reasonable control, the QiC Diabetes awards management may, at its discretion, disqualify the entry or continue in such other manner as it deems appropriate.
Please complete the online form below. Questions marked with a * are mandatory.
For further information or help with your submission, please contact Amy Watson on 01372 414248 or email at email@example.com
Fields market with a (*) are required.
If you experience any difficulties with the process, or have any questions regarding QiC Diabetes, please email SThwaites@pmlive.com or call +44 (0)1372 414243.