Do you work in a type 1 specialist service team?
Have you or your team made significant positive changes to an adult type 1 specialist service?
This category recognises initiatives that deliver specialist support for adults with type 1 diabetes and have demonstrated positive impact on the diagnosis and management of type 1 diabetes and associated secondary complications.
Entries should demonstrate clear, specific goals with outcomes that have been evaluated using appropriate baseline and follow-up measures. There should be evidence of innovation, and detail of project planning, methods, effectiveness, timeliness, safety considerations, economic viability and evidence of potential/demonstrable sustainability and dissemination.
Entries to this category could include:
- Specialist services for newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes
- Annual care planning initiatives
- Patient care pathways
- Digital and technology initiatives: should be UK or Ireland based (even if they are used globally). Work must have been conducted during the 18-month period between July 2016 and December 2017
- Best practice approaches for learning disabilities, other languages
- Blood glucose management/monitoring initiatives
- Psychological wellbeing services eg diabetes distress, sexual dysfunction, insulin omission
- Preconception and pregnancy
- Innovations in insulin therapy
- Inpatient care
- Emerging adult to adult service transitions
- Peer to peer support
- Screening and management/secondary prevention of complications.