Nominate your 2019 diabetes hero! This is a special award, supported by Diabetes UK, which recognises someone very special who has supported/cared for people with diabetes in 2018.
This award will be presented to someone who is based in the UK or Ireland and is not a healthcare professional. Instead it will go to an individual such as a carer, volunteer, a person with diabetes, diabetes blogger and/or writer, family member – anyone that you think deserves this recognition. You may not nominate yourself.
Read about 2018 Winners
The nominee's information will be posted online for the public vote within a specific time frame. The top five nominations from the public vote will then be reviewed by an independent judging panel made up of senior judges and chairs who will make the final decision on who receives the award.
The judges will be looking for nominations of outstanding individuals whose care and support stands out from their peers and has made a real difference to people with diabetes.
Nomination terms and conditions (must be accepted to continue to nominate)
- Nominees must be based in the UK or Ireland
- Any organisation associated with the nominee must be on the public register
- Nominees put forward must have no conflict of interest with any of the organisations that partner and/or support QiC Diabetes. The judging panel reserve the right to remove nominations that are considered to be a conflict of interest with the partner and/or supporter of QiC Diabetes
- Nominators warrant that the information provided in their nominations is true, accurate and complete to the best of their knowledge
- If at any time any information provided by a nominator is found to be false/misleading/incorrect in any manner, then all nomination and/or entries from that nominator will be excluded and the nominee will not be permitted to continue participation in the awards. The QiC Diabetes awards management may require proof of information, and/or may audit the information, contained in an nomination and/or entry
- If clarification or verification of information is required, the QiC Diabetes awards management will make reasonable efforts to contact the nominator but will not be responsible if the nominator does not respond, does not agree to the conduct of the verification, or is uncontactable
- In the event that it is not possible to conduct a verification of the nomination because of failure by the nominator to cooperate with a request, or for any other reason beyond the QiC Diabetes awards management’s reasonable control, the QiC Diabetes awards management may, at its discretion, disqualify the entry or continue in such other manner as it deems appropriate.