This award recognises innovation in and development of patient support programmes that complement care provided by treatment specialists in enabling patients to take greater care of themselves, and stay motivated and in control while on treatment.
Submissions may include initiatives that help patients with hepatitis C maintain their health and improve their quality of life through self-management courses; give patients greater confidence to deal with their condition; make fewer visits to their GP; improve communication with HCPs; 24/7 patient support; improved/increased use of technology to reach patients.
Entries should demonstrate evidence of the following:
- Clearly defined project scope
- Engagement, analysis and understanding of the local community
- Patient centricity - improved patient care and outcomes
- Patient insights and evidence-based feedback
- Assessment of quality improvement before and after the change initiative
- Impact on staff and/or the organisation
- Change through innovation
- Transferability to other areas/organisations/departments and sectors
- Linkage back to care