This award recognises those teams and individuals that are working to implement changes that support and improve outcomes for people living with and beyond cancer.
Initiatives may include:
Living beyond cancer
Living with cancer
- Cancer survivorship initiatives
- Programmes created to aid physical, psychological and rehabilitation following recovery from cancer
- Health and lifestyle education, i.e. image and sexuality
- Self-management programmes
- Prognosis perception and expectation management
- How will it affect me, my family and my friends?
- Pharmacological treatment and symptom management
- Counselling, psychological and body image support programmes
- Patient treatment continuity and safety
- Coping with cancer support for patient family and friends
- Community and social services combined initiatives
- Nutritional management.