This award recognises those teams and individuals that are working to prevent people from dying prematurely from cancer maximising patient recovery and outcomes.
This category supports the government’s ambition in the NHS Five Year Forward View to deliver a 10% increase in those patients diagnosed early, equivalent to about 8,000 more patients living longer than five years after diagnosis.
Initiatives may include:
- Lifestyle initiatives addressing risk factors and promotion of healthy lifestyle for general population
- Health literacy – bridging the gap between what HCPs know and what patients understand
- Advice and counselling services around HPV vaccinations
- Good practice models supporting accurate and timely diagnosis improving patient outcomes
- Cancer awareness and early detection
- Increasing screening uptake or improving screening
- Developing new referral pathways to access diagnostics more quickly, leading to an increased five-year survival rate.