Do you work in a team that has made an outstanding contribution to the treatment and management of people with skin conditions?
Teamwork plays a critical and growing role in high-quality care for skin conditions.
This award recognises the value of outstanding innovative team achievements that can be multidisciplinary or collaborative team working and which have measurably improved care for people with skin conditions and their families and/or carers.
Entries should demonstrate how the balance of people within the team provided a comprehensive service and how this service was integrated to support patients. There should be evidence of innovative teamwork and how the team made their services available.
Entries could include:
- Multidisciplinary teams, such as primary and secondary care collaborative working to identify dermatology issues early and avoid long term complications
- Non-traditional collaborations, e.g. technology, IT and communications
- Digital and technology initiatives: should be UK or Ireland based (even if they are used globally)
- Skin cancer teams
- Inflammatory skin disease teams
- Teams that are developing innovative and creative ways of improving the services they deliver
- Service referral teams
- Clinical commissioning groups
- GP practice initiatives
- NHS organisations
- Community teams
- Inpatient teams
- Specialist service teams
- Patient organisation teams
- Management teams that have introduced significant advances in clinical practice, dermatology service user support (including links to social care), service quality or efficiency.