Have you or your team made changes to the delivery of diabetes care to reduce the variation of care and outcomes, particularly as it relates to socioeconomic, cultural or racial determinants?
This category recognises initiatives for people with diabetes and their families and/or carers that illustrate one or more of the eight urgent actions required to tackle health inequalities. These have been identified by the NHS national advisory group of leaders from within and beyond the NHS:
- Protect the most vulnerable from COVID-19
- Restore NHS services inclusively
- Develop digitally enabled care pathways in ways which increase inclusion
- Accelerate preventative programmes which proactively engage those at risk of poor health outcomes
- Particularly support those who suffer mental ill-health
- Strengthen leadership and accountability
- Ensure datasets are complete and timely
- Collaborate locally in planning and delivering action.
Entries will be judged on five essential criteria: innovation, equality, diversity and variation, results, user feedback along with dissemination and sustainability.