Reason for nomination
Rachel is a phenomenal health care professional. She dedicates her role to people living with Diabetes and Footcare, and works above and beyond to lead change every day. As a member of the FDUK committee for 9 years, a DSN for 18 years with a special interest in feet and an independent prescriber she exemplifies attributes all would aspire to. She blends her acute role with education of HCP’s, across the patient pathway, incorporating MDT, NHS and commercial partnerships to benefit people living with diabetes and their carers. She is credible, engaging and professional.
- Set up of protocols, guidelines and pathways to ensure Right person: Right time: Right care; Right place,
- Instigated Root Cause Analysis to identify areas where improvements in provision could be made. Shared
results and led actions at a LLR (Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland) level
- Led NICE guidance Diabetic foot prevention and management
- Editorial Board Journal Diabetic Foot
- Development, implementation and dissemination of training for casting with the diabetic foot nationwide
- DAFNE educator
- Commissioned to develop and deliver face to face and digital education for HCPs and patients/carers
though STP monies – incorporating roadshows, short programmes, toolkits for staff, including harder to
reach groups, eg. district nurses, care homes, community hospitals
- Key part in setting up the VALS (Vascular Limb Salvage Service) in the region
- Led work on urgo- start pathway LLR wide and helped steer it to a position on the formulary.