The NHS Outcomes Framework 2015/16 puts the public, patient and carer at the centre of healthcare services from planning to delivery to ensure patients are satisfied with their care.
This award recognises teams and individuals working to ensure a positive patient experience and to optimise patient outcomes. Patient experience includes routine care, emergency care, short stay care, surgical and medical intervention, outpatient and community, care long-term care and end of life care
Initiatives may include:
- Health literacy – bridging the gap between what HCPs know and what patients understand
- Patient experience improvement programmes
- Screening for family members
- Counselling and information services for people with cancer and parents of children/teenagers with cancer
- Management of paediatric diagnosis and treatment
- Pharmacological management experience
- Nutritional management experience
- NHS patient logistics services experience
- Patient feedback process and impact on redesign of a service or services
- Changing the public understanding of long-term care plans.